October 2, 2013

What’s Up Wednesday: October 2nd Edition

Forgive me blogaverse for I have strayed. It has been about a month since my last blog post, but I promise I can explain.

Do you remember that job interview I had? Yeah, probably not since it was a month ago, but the short of it is it didn’t happen. I woke up with every intention of going, but as I was getting ready Officer P noticed he had a voicemail on his cell. Since the volume on his phone was pretty high I could very clearly hear the words “Customs and Border Protection” being said. As he returned the call I casually wandered around the room making sure to stay within an ears shot the whole time. 
I guess I wasn’t very stealth about it since Officer P looked over and gave me a thumbs up, but what did this mean? I mean thumbs up is a good thing right?? Then I heard the words “Dallas Ft. Worth . . . Galveston . . . I’ll take that one. It’s literally 15 minutes from where I use to live.”

My mind was racing. Could this really be what I think it is?? “The list” we have been waiting for for 5 years now?? As in the list of duty locations we have to choose from?? AND Houston International Airport is on it???

Yes, yes and yes, that is exactly what it was. So what does this mean you are asking? Well, in short it means we are moving back to Houston!! The last few weeks have been quite a blur, but we did manage to list and sell our house for full list price in a matter of 2 weeks!! You have to love the California real estate market.

In this time I also managed to hurt my hip so I have not been able to run for the last 2 weeks. I am hoping to get back on track tomorrow since RnR Las Vegas is just under 6 weeks away! ! ! It will also be the kick off for my racing season with planned races in November, December, January and April. Depending on how the relocation goes, I am hoping to add in RnR New Orleans in February and RnR Dallas in March!! But of course that depends on if I am Houston by then or not.

I think that should just about cover it all for now. I promise I will be around more now and I am planning on expanding my blog a bit, but there will be more on that as it develops.      

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Abby! It will be good when it is all said and done, but we just moved here so I am not ready to do it again just yet.

      Delete