June 9, 2013

Week 2 of Whole 30

I am still hanging in there, and down another 1.5 pounds! That bring me to a total of 5 pounds in 2 weeks! That is exciting to me, but now I am back to my *normal* weight so I am sure it will get quite a bit harder from here on out.
The number one thing I learned this week is planning is key. Last week I had a day by day menu plan I just had to follow it. This week I had to wing it and it was a struggle. I found myself falling back to old habits and not being prepared for dinner when the time came around, but I was able to stay on plan and pull it off.
This week I also found myself wanting foods I can’t have a lot more then last week. I won’t say that I craved them, because it wasn’t my body that wanted them, it was my mind. Thankfully I was determined enough to get through it, but it was more of a struggle then last week, and I am so glad that I am at the half way point and then I can ease up a bit.
IMG_20130530_110511
Since I didn’t follow a menu plan this week I am going to have to do a recap based on memory. Again breakfast was some kind of combination of fruit, eggs and bacon. One of my favorites was pineapple, strawberries, and organic coconut flakes. I would love to eat it every day. Lunches were a combination of leftovers, which is so convenient. These were my dinners, as far as I can remember.
Monday: Coconut curry chicken that I adapted from one of my weight watchers cookbooks, I just omitted the brown sugar. w/ asparagus
Tuesday: Walnut crusted chicken tenders that was adapted from a family favorite recipe in Light & Delish magazine from 2010. I just added more walnuts and omitted the panko, with roasted carrots.
Wednesday: Baked chicken tenders sprinkled with poultry seasoning & roasted asparagus
Thursday: Shrimp scampi & prosciutto wrapped asparagus
Friday: Taco salad w/ guacamole
Saturday: I had leftovers while the rest of the family had fried chicken. That was a little rough.
I’m liking the results so far, but it is getting harder and harder to stick with the program. Especially with a husband who is not supportive and brings things I can’t eat into the house, but I will get through it.
How do you deal with people who are not supportive of your efforts? Do you take it personally, do you feel they are trying to sabotage you?

No comments:

Post a Comment