February 2, 2014

Pink Coast to Coast Medal For Me . . . Yes Please

For those of you who may not know, each year runDisney has a Coast to Coast challenge that states that if you run a half marathon or longer at both Disney World and Disneyland in the same calendar year you will receive an additional “Coast to Coast” medal after completing the second race. Currently the only 2 options at Disneyland is the Tinker Bell half and the Disneyland half, but rumor has it at least one, if not two more races are being added next year!

2013 Coast to Coast

The last 2 years I have taken this challenge by completing the Tinker Bell half and Princess Half in back to back months, but I was not planning on going for a three-peat this year. Of course my resolve changed a bit when runDisney announced that this year there will be a special edition PINK coast to coast medal exclusively for all the fairy princesses out there!! 

2014 Pink Coast to Coast Photo Courtesy of April at Run the Great Wide Somewhere 

I really wanted that medal, but decided to stick to my original plan to not run the PHM again this year. That was until I was given a last minute opportunity to join in the weekends festivities!! Now I'm happy to say that medal will be mine!

Of course with the addition of this new, special edition, medal there were lots of details to be worked out and concerns being voiced all over the internet. Personally, I think runDisney came up with the perfect solution that is fair to everyone involved.

In past years it was runDisney’s police to only allow 1 coast to coast medal a year, thus making those who #RunAllTheRaces choose between the pink and the traditional blue coast to coast medals. This year they are giving you the opportunity to earn BOTH medals instead!


Under the new policy if you complete Tink and Princess you will receive the pink medal, and you will still be eligible to complete another pair of races, one on each coast, to receive the blue medal as well. I have to say it is a rather tempting challenge to take, but I think this year I’ll be passing.
   
Will you be earning a pink coast to coast medal this year? If so will it be your first coast to coast challenge, or are you a repeater?

Don’t forget to check out the Princess Half virtual blog hop to learn you all you need to know about the upcoming race weekend! You have questions? Most of the answers can be found right here.

WDW Blog Hop

18 comments:

  1. Yesss! Pink Coast-to-Coast is why I came back to Princess again. That runDisney. They know how to feed an addict.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I would LOVE that pink C2C medal, I passed on Princess this year. I ran it last year and absolutely loved it, but I also wanted to try new races, so I opted for Tink and Wine & Dine for 2014. Hopefully I can get that pink medal in the future though! I'm so excited for you that you will be earning it in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren! I'm hoping to make it to W&D one of these years!
      Blue is my favorite color so I am partial to the blue medal . . . but I don't have a pink one so I need that too. ;)

      Delete
  3. I really want the pink C2C -- hoping to go for that one next year! Excited for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It will be a very nice addition to my collection!

      Delete
  4. I am so sad about the Tink....and my lack of Pink coast to coast...but will be so happy for my friends who earned it..though jealous of course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get it! I'm going to be so jealous of your GSC medal, but glad I don't have to do the extra mileage. ;)

      Delete
  5. My preciousssssss... I can't wait to earn this baby! And I may have gone a little off my rocker and decided to ALSO do the Dumbo Double Dare and Wine and Dine. Yikes :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the combo I wold choose too!! I want to do both W&D and DDD one of these years. I'm just not a fan of training in the summer. ;)

      Delete
  6. I love running with charities, and after Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend, I just couldn't swing the travel and $ commitment for these 2 back to back races. That said, I NEED another Coast to Coast medal! (I'm also secretly hoping another Disneyland race will be announced!!) Thank you so much for lending your insight and enthusiasm to the Virtual Disney Princess Half Marathon Blog Hop Summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for having me!!
      I think Disneyland needs another race! They definitely have the demand for it!

      Delete
  7. No pink coast to coast for me, but it would be nice to earn one day! :0) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Karen. I was going to say that this will be my last Coast to Coast for awhile, but I wasn't even planning on getting it this year so you just never know. ;)

      Delete
  8. I really hope they keep the pink C2C. I'm still bummed I couldn't get out there for Tink.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm getting the Pink C2C this year! As a Florida resident, it's a lot harder to justify getting to DL for a race when WDW is so close but I am so excited I was able to swing it this year! So excited to have it for real soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine! I loved being in Texas since it was pretty much in the middle between DL & WDW! I can't wait to get back there.
      Hopefully I get a chance to see you out there! You were in line behind me for Mary Poppins at the 10k, but I didn't realize it was you until after I got home. Oops

      Delete