February 16, 2014

Outfits of Princess Half Marathons Past

There has been a slight evolution in my Princess Half race attire over the years, although I feel like I still am not up to DisBroad standards. Those ladies go all out!! Don’t believe me? How about this picture from the 2013 Wine & Dine half marathon??

runDisFBpic

I was told that DisBroad Tania wore the sombrero the whole way!! I totally believe it too since here she is at the 2014 Tinker Bell Half Marathon between mile 11 and 12 with DisBroad Patty cape on and light saber still in hand! I tell you the girl commits!!

Tania 

2011 was the first year I ran the Princess half and my outfit consisted of this:

Princess 2011 finisherI made my own sparkle skirt using Simplicity pattern 2414  and adjusted the length and made an elastic waistband instead of a drawstring. I also bought the tiara Bondi Band, but decided it needed a little more bling so I traced the entire tiara with rhinestones!! I don’t suggest you do this, or if you do realize it is pretty much a one time use thing. After I washed the headband not only did the rhinestones fall off, but they also took most of the screen printing off with it!

During the 2011 race I saw a guy in my corral with the saying “I kissed a frog and I liked it” on his shirt and that inspired my 2012 outfit! I was going for a Tiana inspired outfit, but ended up having some issues executing it.

Princess 2012 mile 12 I had several different ideas for Tiana inspired tops, but grossly underestimated the amount of time it takes to make a petti skirt and ended up just buying a white tech top and adding a “princess” rhinestone transfer to it and calling it a day.

2013 was an off year for me. Since I was living in a hotel room at the time, and my sewing machine was packed away in storage with all my other belongings I went the entirely purchased route. I bought the Jasmine Sparkle Skirt and picked up a C9 top from Target. Viola I was Jasmine!

godmother (2) I had been planning on doing Jasmine for a long time and I was hoping to successfully pull off the midriff look, but alas it did not happen and you are very welcome because at that point it wouldn’t have been pretty.  

This year I am stepping it up bit and trying to fit in with the DisBraods so they don’t kick me out of the group for having a lame costume. ;) It is still in the works right now, yeah I better get on it, but here is a little preview of some of the items I have collected. I’m sure you can guess who I’ll be . . .

PHM2014 Preview PHM2014 preview 2

Do you like to dress in costumes for races? What is the favorite costume that you have worn?

12 comments:

  1. I am SO excited to see the finished product! So excited to see you in it! Okay... just so excited to see you! Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to see the final costume! Can't wait to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not even tell you how super excited I am to be going!!

      Delete
  3. Love it....its all attitude. I am sure you will look fab.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on my stomping pouty face ;) One of my favorite Disney channel segments as a kid!

      Delete
  4. Love it! Just finished up my costumes today as well.

    Hope I get to "run" into you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see your final costume! I'm lame and am only running in a purple tank and some green bottoms, probably the same outfit as last year, and calling myself Ariel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay costumes!! Costumes are quite possibly my favorite part about running at Disney. Love all your past outfits! Are you Alice this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they are a top favorite of mine too!
      YES! I've been wanting to dress as Alice for awhile so I am finally doing it!

      Delete