April 30, 2013

Exciting News x2!!

First I want to apologize for disappearing, but I have a good reason. We closed escrow on our new house on April 12 !! This is great news but I have been unpacking all our stuff and have been without internet so I have been completely out of touch. To make a long story short officer P got a promotion to move from Texas to California, where we are originally from. We flew out in November and found a house but after several delays the house fell out of escrow the end of January. We then had to scramble to find another house, and opted for a new construction inventory home that was in the process of being built. We left Texas the end of December so we have been living in hotels and then the kids and I stayed at my mom’s for a total of almost 4 months! We are still settling in, but it is so nice to have our stuff and our own space again!

The second bit of exciting news I have is that I am now the chapter leader for the Fresno chapter of Moms Run This Town (MRTT)!! Which is a FREE group for moms all around the country to motivate and support both runners and walkers alike! I am really hoping this will allow me to connect with other running moms in the area and I am very excited to help my chapter grow!

I first learned about MRTT from the wonderful Patty last summer. We did a virtual relay with a few other April 05 moms that MRTT put on last July and we all got this really cool medal! 

DSCF1913

MRTT is planning another virtual run this summer called Running Mad Summer Virtual Run, with this totally awesome medal inspired by Alice in Wonderland! I will definitely be participating again this year and you can too by signing up here!

mad-medal1

2 comments:

  1. This is so cool! Congrats on the Chapter Leader! They picked a perfect person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got to take over for the pervious leader so it is already some what established.

      Delete