July 24, 2013

What’s Up Wednesday

I’ve seen “Five on Friday” and “3 Things Thursday” so I thought why not start “What’s Up Wednesday” this way I can post all those random things I think of throughout the week that are not enough to have a whole post of their own.

This week’s “What’s up Wednesday” will be about Pixie, chiropractic care, and2013-06-06 18.57.18 officially starting half marathon training. Up first is Pixie!! Isn’t she adorable?

Pixie is our 7 year old boxer who sometimes runs with me. She loves to accompany me on runs, and even stalks me around the house when she sees me put on my running shoes and watch. I would take her more often but she can be a little unpredictable. Not her behavior since, of course, she is an absolute sweetheart, but do you remember Dug from Up??? Yeah she is kind of like that. We will be running along and she will see a squirrel and will cut across the front of me. Thankfully there are less squirrels here then there were in Texas so I might take her out with me more often now.

Up next is chiropractic care. A couple weeks ago a FINALLY bit the bullet and made a chiropractic appointment. I emphasis finally because I have seriously been talking about it for years, but I kept putting it off. The good news was that I didn’t have any issues with disc degeneration. The bad news was that  my lumbar is making a S shape.  This is my x ray with the light box off, but you can see where the Dr drew lines across my spine to show the curves. 20130712_150812
The first 2 weeks I went 3 times a week and now I am suppose to go twice a week for the next 3 weeks. Honestly, I am kind of getting tired of it. My favorite part is the therapy massage bed. The adjustments are really quick and painless, but I do tend to have a lot of tingling after. This is suppose to be normal, but it irritates me quite a bit. It’s also messing with my running a bit. Since my back was curved my pelvis was tilted and since it is now straightening out my body has to learn how to run differently.

Last but not least Monday will be the kick off to my official Rock N Roll Las Vegas half marathon training. I am both looking forward to and dreading it. The weather here is really hot so I am really limited as to when I can run and that really makes it rough but I am hoping since I *have* to train now I will be motivated to get through it.

So that is what is up with me on this Wednesday. What is up with you? What are you training for?

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Sometimes I can't think of five random things for Fridays :)
    I wish I had a dog to run with! Hopefully one day :)
    Pixie looks like a good running buddy!
    Karen @ RunLoveRepeat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! That is why I decided to do it this way, it can be whatever I want it to be. I know some weeks I will have more to say then others so I think this will work out well.

      Delete
  2. Pixie is adorbs! We have an 8yr old Boxer and there is NO way I could take him running. He's way too ADD and he really hates NYC as it is.

    Jealous of RNR Vegas. One day I'm going to get out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited for Vegas! With it being super flat and an evening race I am hoping for a huge PR!!

      Delete